Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Loving Relationships

Do you ever find it harder to eat right and/or exercise if you are having a hard time in a relationship? I know II do. I am definitely an emotional eater. If things are going well then it is reason to celebrate with restaurant food. If things are bad, well then I just deserve a candy bar to help me with the pain. This thinking still comes out of me sometimes but it is much more controlled these days. Or at least so I thought. How about this one.....When one of the kiddos are driving me crazy I have noticed I'm not turning to food like I used to but now it is to my phone and let's just numb the pain or agony by scrolling through facebook or pinterest or email...just one more time today. Then a one minute thing has turned into 30 min or more. So how do we break these cycles. Well I am finding just recognizing and admitting to myself that that is what I am doing has helped. So my goals for this are to try reading a scripture verse instead or doing 20 jumping jacks or just closing my eyes and counting to 20. I think the first two would be more beneficial though and help me complete more than one goal at a time.
I've been learning about relationships this week in school and how if we are having issues there then it doesn't matter how good we are eating or how much we are exercising our health will be impacted negatively. Looking back I agree that this has been true in my life. How about yours? Do you agree?
So I have been trying to do things to build up my relationships, knowing if I do this not only will my relationships improve but the eating and exercise and my general health and well being will too. So what have I been doing? Well with one of my sons, I have a really hard time. He is very different than me and can't seem to get things done in a timely manner. Drives me CRAZY! So I have been trying to compliment him more. I have been taking notice of the things he does that are great and the talents that he has.
If you are married, you know that strengthening that relationship constantly is important. So I have been so excited this Christmas season to do a 24 days till Christmas little love thing for my man. I got the idea off of datingdivas.com I made up 24 cards. Some have little love notes on them, some are service oriented and others are date night themed. I know he likes it but I think I am getting more out of it than he is just because it is so fun to be the giver.
So my point is that health and wellness can improve through strengthening relationships. What are you doing to strengthen yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment