Monday, August 26, 2013

My Integrative Nutrition Experience and How it Opened my Eyes

Today I took my last test for The Institute of Integrative Nutrition. I will officially graduate on Sept 6th, 2013 and will be a Certified Health Coach. I originally went into the program all for myself. I was pretty sure raw food was the way to go but I wanted to make sure I knew everything about nutrition that I possibly could. Plus, I was finding it hard to afford raw food for a family of six and they really didn't want to be 100% raw vegan. Also dealing with traveling and holidays was very difficult for me.  I needed answers so I could cure myself from obesity and my constant battle with food and weight.
As I went through the program, I struggled. Learning so many different dietary theories that ALL sounded correct really messed me up. Each week, I would tell my husband and kids we had to eat this way or that way or yes to this food and no to that one. I drove them as Crazy as I had become. I had really thought I had conquered all my food issues, eating disorders and yo yo dieting. The program truly brought to the surface for me that I still had a problem.  The program talks a lot about helping others and coaching. After getting past just helping myself, I originally wanted to work with women who were stressed out and needed to lose weight. This discouraged me as I was still up and down with my  own weight. How was I to help anyone? They say you only need to be one step ahead of the people you coach, but really? Who would listen to someone who hadn't succeeded in this area herself? 
As I dove deeper into the program some of the lecturers really spoke to me, One of them being Geneen Roth. I also learned about Marc David, owner of the Institute for the Psychology of Eating, this has and will continue to change my world forever. Through these individuals, my mind and my focus has changed. I realized how much work I need to do on my own food addiction and my need to emotionally eat. I have been doing a lot of internal work on these issues along with relying on my Lord Jesus Christ, who I believe will deliver me from my bondage to food.  My focus then changed to not only helping myself overcome this but reaching out and being of service to all food addicts and emotional eaters who like myself, knows exactly what she needs to be doing but has not yet opened the door to find out what has caused these symptoms.

Do you know what your body, your weight, your disordered emotional food addictive cravings and behavior are trying to tell you?

I have been on an amazing path this year that has opened the door and I am figuring it all out. Have I reached my ideal weight yet? No. I am still on my own journey. It is a process. It takes time (I know none of us want to hear that). I am learning to love myself just the way I am at this moment and love the process and what this glorious body is trying to teach me. Most of my success so far has been internally with my thoughts and feelings. I've learned some amazing tools to help myself and others with these issues. If you would like my assistance, because you struggle with these issues as well visit me at Believe and Achieve Health (little did I know when I picked this business name a year ago what a profound affect it would have on me.) For those of you who still need a little bit of proof, follow me regularly as my Emotional, Mental,  Spiritual and Physical being transforms completely over this next year. I assure you that you will be as amazed and as excited as I will be. But for those of you, who are sick and tired of struggling and fighting with yourself and with food and don't want to wait another day to see someone else completely heal and recover, contact me today and I can simultaneously help you along your journey as well.
I am grateful for all the amazing teachers I have had so far along this journey and as a chapter closes for me today a new and continued journey begin. I believe in the ability to be happy and healthy, I have achieved so much already and will  continue to achieve it.
 Will You?

6 comments:

  1. Love you Amy. I can totally relate with the idea that every presenter made you think their way was right and it is a journey, trying for ourselves that helps us find it. I don't remember Marc David in my curriculum. Looks intriguing!

    Most of all congratulations! You did it! Bioindividuality rocks. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marc David was not one of the speakers through IIN. Because of liking certain IIN stuff on Facebook his stuff started popping up and I loved it. He just had a free conference about a month ago. It was fantastic. He offers a health coaching certification as well.

      Delete
  2. CONGRATS! You never told me!
    I think we should still have our chats now and then!!!! :)
    I'm glad to see you're still doing the blog. I was wondering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I thought I had told you. We will definitely need to still have our chats. I hadn't written on my blog for a long time but need to keep up on it better. I completely redesigned my website! You'll have to check it out. www.believeandachievehealth.com. Have you designed yours yet? I'd love to see it!

      Delete
  3. . I am so excited for you this all sounds so wonderful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am pretty excited about all of it!

      Delete