How often do we start something, never finish and then have to start over. That is essentially my life in a nut shell. Even though this is disheartening, I see a positive.
I keep trying and keep working on it.
I may not have reached my goals yet, but at least I have not given up. I have determination to beat this issue with food and weight. I bet some of you are the same way. I hear all the time if you are sick of starting over just stick with it. I would love to be able to do that. In somethings I am better at that than others. But instead of being down on myself for not being able to fully finish my 30 day greens challenge because I got a kidney stone and the doctor said to stay away from spinach for a while, I am making sure I make healthy choices outside of that. We do the best we can, give yourself some credit. I love this analogy that I saw on Facebook or Pinterest. If you dropped your phone you wouldn't say oh its completely ruined, I'll just run it over with my car now. No, You'd pick it up, see if it still worked, try and salvage it. We need to do the same thing with healthy eating and exercise. Not throw in the towel because we had a slice of pizza that wasn't on our plan. The next meal, the next thing you put in your mouth is a fresh start a fresh choice. Just because you over slept and missed your morning workout, there are still hours in the day to fit that in.
So what I am saying, is use this gift of determination and starting over as a blessing from God. Because even if you start over several times, you'll be further along than if you quit for good. The key I am finding is to start over with every meal/food choice. I start over every day when I exercise. To have the amount of time between each time we start over be shorter and shorter until we find that we are consistent in eating healthy and exercising. So I say rejoice in starting over minute by minute, choice by choice. Staring over doesn't have to begin on Monday or the first of the month, or the first of the year or at your birthday. Start now and make a good choice.
No comments:
Post a Comment