Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Faking it till you make it!

There are things we see or hear about all the time that we think, "I sure would like to be this way or that." Okay, maybe you don't, but I do. I see really fit people at 80 years old, or someone rock climbing, or someone who has a great relationship with their husband or kid, that I would like to have.
Well it's time to stop wishing, hoping, wanting and instead doing! I get it. I can hear you saying, "But Amy, I really can't climb up that 100 feet. (or whatever obstacle your thinking of.) I agree, you may not be able to go out and do that today. What I am asking is for you and I to really think about that person, doing those things. What did they have to do to get there? What small choices and decisions can be made everyday, if you are acting like that person, to eventually reach that goal?

Some things are easier to fake until you make. For example, nutrition. You see someone who has a strong fit body and you desire that for yourself. No you may not be able to dead lift 300lbs but what do they eat? And can't you at least start doing dead lifts with no weight?
It's time to decide and start acting like the person you truly want to be, starting with small and simple choices and decisions because they all add up in the long run.
That is what I am going to be doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment