Friday, November 11, 2016

Almond Pulp Crackers


I like to make my own almond milk. I do this because I know exactly what goes into it. I also do it because my family likes the taste better than store bought. One of the benefits is not only do I get fresh almond milk but I also get pulp which can be made into so many things. I have made peanut butter cookie bites and brownie bites (both healthy by the way) and today I made these almond pulp crackers. I'm not quite ready to post a recipe yet as I still have some playing around with it to get it perfect. They did taste good though. I made an apple cinnamon (top left), a garlic cheesy hemp (top right) and Garlic Italian (bottom). So far taste testers have picked the garlic cheesy hemp as their favorite. I agree it is the best so far. All ingredients for this recipe are in the healthy category. They are vegan and gluten free. Here are some more pics.

Almond Cinnamon:
I wanted to make a sweet cracker that could be eaten for breakfast or as a dessert. I have a sweet tooth.

Garlic Cheesy Hemp:
I used nutritional yeast in these to give them the cheesy flavor. These are by far my favorite and have turned out the best.

Garlic Italian:
These have great flavor but fall apart easily. I need to figure out that part. But because they fall apart easy, I am going to use them as a salad topper or with zoodles.

Eating healthy doesn't have to be hard or time consuming. It just takes a little bit of prep and getting your timing right. I recently did a workshop teaching others how easy it was to make their own homemade almond milk. They couldn't believe how quick it was. It is a staple in my kitchen. Because I do not eat tons of meat, most of my protein and fat comes from plant sources. I use almonds a lot due to their fantastic nutritional content.
Let me know what you think. Are you ready to bring some excitement into your diet and life!

No comments:

Post a Comment