Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Fast Food and Fast Moves

So I know it has been a while since my last post. I was worried that my posts were starting to all sound the same as I posted daily. Hence the reason for not hearing from me in a while. It has been a bit of a roller coaster emotionally this past week, but more so the past few days.
Last week I exercised everyday....up until Thursday when baby decided he WAS NOT going to go to bed till 10 and/or 11pm. That's the problem with leaving your workout till after the kids go to bed....sometimes it just doesn't happen. It is important to take advantage of those few minutes here and there throughout your day. Which some days I did and other days, my emotions got the better of me and I threw down my lazy card. With this insight I wanted to make sure i had some quick workouts on hand to do. My health coach, Connie Lancaster, found this amazing video a while back and so I reintroduced myself to these FAST MOVES. you can google M-100's (Ninja workout). It is pretty hard core. Now i can't do the jumping burpee thing really well at the beginning so I have modified it to where I step back and up and I believe for my exercise level I am getting the same intensity for me. Does that make sense? You can also google modified burpee and there are some videos on that. I have also been doing  a lot of core exercises. Today I even was able to get in interval training on my treadmill. It was a really good workout day today.
Let's talk FAST FOOD. Did I eat some....YES! I ate the fastest food on the planet. FRUIT and veggies. Did I trick you? I haven't been making very many recipes lately. I told you the boys and I were going for simple while daddy is gone. We really haven't been eating any set meals around here. It has just been grabbing whatever we are in the mood for. Apple? Grapes? Carrots? ect...ect...
I am so excited! I ordered a spiralizer for myself for Mother's day! I know it sounds silly but dear hubby told me to as he can't do stuff like that while he is gone. I can't wait to get it. I hope it comes really fast!!!
I finally went down a pound and lost some more inches! This was Monday that I noticed this. On Tuesday, I was up 1.4lbs. I am fully aware that this could just be a daily fluctuation of 5-7lbs, BUT I did have an increase of nuts yesterday and some coconut oil. I'm really starting to wonder if I need to just stick with avocados as my fat source. Any thoughts? Maybe when I get down to my ideal weight this won't be such a big deal. It makes me kinda sad though because there are so many good recipes with nuts in them.
Did I tell you that I am going to start working on this from the inside out? What I mean by that is that I am going to really strengthen my core tons and exercise as much as I can and even if my weight doesn't change....my pants size, shirt size and appearance of my body will.
On another note, I just have to tell you this! Just a little, no a BIG success! The boys and I went out for groceries today. We had to go to two different places and they were VERY VERY GOOD! It really helped that I told them if they were not that they would not get any tortilla's or Larabars! Yes, I work that way.
so there you have it, Little success. It's all a day at a time. Hope your day is the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment