I did it! I exercised yesterday! I not only exercised yesterday, but I exercised a lot yesterday and multiple times. So much so that I am sore today. With being at home with the kids I had to kind of break it up. So I took a walk with a good friend and then I jumped on the trampoline with the boys a bit later. I chased them around the yard as well. Then when baby finally took a nap I walked on my treadmill. I turned around after I got the kids to bed and did core exercises and upper body exercises. Then later...much later when my husband called I jumped back on the treadmill again. It wasn't as intense as it probably should have been but the goal for the day was just to start and move and do something. Hopefully today and each day will become a little more intense.
So today I woke up and wanted a juice. I made one and it was delicious. I love this because I can get tons of nutrients packed into a simple glass of juice. It's not as time consuming when I'm just making it for me.
I had these great intentions while my husband is gone of learning all these new recipes and being this gourmet raw chef by the time he comes home. But this is really hard to do when you have no one to eat it with you really. I mean my older two will but the younger two have a harder time. Which means fixing multiple things for dinner. Which I know I was partially doing before he left, but it felt worth it then. So laziness in this department has set in early in this husband being gone situation. Survival mode with the kiddos has set in and it is only day 2.
This has led to the common husband is gone syndrome of , "I don't want to fix anything for dinner itis ". So I'm not sure that you'll hear much from me on the recipe end of things for a while. I'll probably keep things simple....juice, smoothie, raw fruit, raw veggie, 1/4 cup nuts and so forth. Last night, I was like what am I gonna feed the kids? Especially baby...he doesn't always tolerate my recipes. So I think meals for them may be similar. Hungry? have a cheese stick, have a piece of fruit, grab some carrots...how bout a sandwich or a burrito? cereal for dinner? sure! I don't know why this happens when daddies leave for a while but it just does. I know I am not the only one this happens to. Oh well, it is what it is and simplicity can be good.
I'm doing what I need to be eating wise and exercise wise. But because my scale is stuck and my tape measure hasn't changed in a week and a half, I've been having thoughts like, " Will I really be able to achieve these goals? and "What if I do all this stuff and yeah I feel better but my body stays this way forever and doesn't look better and slimmer?!? So with all this fear I think I need to ramp up my positive self talk and my prayers and scripture study so these negative thoughts don't get the better of me before I have really had a chance to try! My mom told me it is like paying off a debt. If you keep paying extra on it, then you know it WILL get paid off. It's just frustrating when you've paid some but it hasn't showed up in the account yet that you have. I guess it is taking this body a bit longer to process my payment.
So here you have it, another day in my thoughts and journey towards health and wellness. Go do something amazing for your body today!
No comments:
Post a Comment