Friday, March 23, 2012

Gaining Strength and Momentum

I have been keeping VERYBUSY! Besides the fact that baby won't take a nap to save his life and so there is more of me chasing him around constantly, I have been doing a lot of self studying since I can not yet attend this nutrition school that I want to. So I started out by reading articles that my favorite health coach would put online. Then a good friend recommended a book to me called Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver, which I absolutely loved. What good insight she had into things I hadn't thought about before. Such things as eating locally so your food doesn't have to travel so far. I have other books waiting for me to read as well about 4 or 5 so far. I have also been watching tons of food documentaries like Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead, and Hungry for Change both very good and informative. I am coming to the realization that we are being poisoned with all the processed food and sugar in our diets. This information is really helping me to get rid of all the junk I put into my mouth and also give to my children and start really living and living healthy.
I looked into some products that are going to help me live this new and improved lifestyle. I have a juicer, dehydrator and vitamix blender on it's way. I need to get a couple recipe books as well. Oh...and did I tell you I started sprouting my own seeds!!! I DO NOT have a green thumb at all, BUT I have successfully gotten these little seedlets to sprout enough that I can eat them. WooHoo! It's about the little success's in this house!
So here is my breakfast this morning...I had a green smoothie.
 Here is the ingredients:
Kale, spinach, collard greens, liquid chlorophyll, alfalfa sprouts, wheatgrass, flax seeds, chia seeds, tomato, carrots, red and yellow peppers, kiwi, banana, water and almond milk.

It was soooo good. I gave some to the boys and they LOVED it!!! They were fighting over it!! So today has been a success. Oh and by the way...since March 1st I have lost 10lbs so far. I am so excited.

3 comments:

  1. I think this is WONDERFUL that you are keeping a blog, and you are doing GREAT!!! Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of juicer and dehydrator did you end up getting? I am SOOO proud of you! 10 pounds! And the smoothie sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME! I'll be joining you soon :P

    ReplyDelete