So this is a first for me, blogging. I hope this will help my accountability and I can look back at this journey and see how far I have come a year from now, two years from now and so forth.
Well before we get going I guess we need to look at where I have been...
I don't know when or how long ago but I have always had issues with my relationship to food. I love it. It however doesn't love me! You would think so the way it clings to my body, but no...it causes me more heartache then I can bare sometimes....most times.
Because of this I have about tried it all. I have been anorexic and had exercise induced bulimia all at the same time. I have several degrees in Exercise Science and Physical Therapy. Which is sooooo embarrassing to share but It is what it is and I might as well get it all out on the table. A fact I usually try an hide from people when they are standing in front of this overweight girl! I have had succsesses and many failures with trying to not just lose weight but be healthy. I know so much and am constantly reading nutrition stuff! So why do I look this way????
I have come to the conclusion that I have a food addiction. All of my knowledge is not changing me. I listened to a conference talk earlier this week where Elder Oaks said something to the point of,
Be the person you want to become.
DUH!?! But for some reason this is really making different sense to me. See I lead such a double life. During the week I eat super healthy and exercise and on the weekends I don't. Instead I binge like crazy. Also whenever some eating occasion comes up I choose the easy road of oh I eat whatever. Well not anymore!!!!
So why would starting this blog and continuing to learn be any different then the previous 1000 attempts? This time I am going to evoke the powers of Heaven! So here is my goal plan:
1) Pray and plead for help everyday
2) Always make the same healthy choices, even when with friends, on vacation, or traveling
3. Exercise, exercise, Exercise
4. Keep reading and learning about fitness and nutrition
5) Write it down on this blog once a week
So there you have it! A short, sweet and to the point first post. I will expound on things from the past and future as I get the hang of this.
Wonderful post Amy. You can do it. I have total faith in you. I'm excited to see the changes as they occur.
ReplyDeleteHeaven's Blessings girl!
you are amazing and i love you!!!! keep going!!!!
ReplyDelete