Monday, March 5, 2012

Monday has arrived....

So it is Monday, when I said I would start and I have. This morning has been slow and I am so tired from my fun but gluttony ridden weekend. The initial plan was to get up this morning and work out and be all showered and dressed before the kiddos woke up. THIS DID NOT HAPPEN! As I laid there I thought for a moment..."Well I guess I guess I can't do this! I must not have the will power or determination or drive or whatever." Then I said "Hey wait a minute..."I can't quit before I even start!"  "I have all day to get a work out in so this is not over yet!"

Normally I have grape nuts with almond milk for breakfast which I still think is a very good start to a day BUT I decided I would have a green smoothie with whey protein powder. It was good and hit the spot. So here is to a successful start!
So I don't know if I said in my last post but I am not going to have sugar at all this year. I will probably make some other major health choices as I learn and discover them but for now this is the first step. I now this will be hard the first three weeks or so but here we go. I anticipate that this will cut out most processed foods, eating out to some extent  and may even hinder dinner party invites. I also need to invite more people to this blog so that I can have more wind behind my sails as embarrassing as this is for me. Here is to a new and improved Healthy Fit Momma!

2 comments:

  1. I heard from dear friend B.N. that you two are going "no sugar". You'll see - after your year, you'll not want to quit. You'll say "Why would I introduce that nasty stuff back into my diet!"

    Smoothies really keep the cravings for sugar down for me. I know they will help you! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love my protien smoothie and have them every morning (well i try to-sometimes a girl just needs a bowl of cheerios!).

    keep up the great work!!!

    ReplyDelete