Can I just say it is VERY IMPORTANT to learn some things about sprouting before you actually eat what you sprout. So on Friday afternoon I made another great smoothie. This one I put raw black beans in that I had sprouted so I would have some protien. I drank it up...it was yummy! THEN...about half an hour later I was soooooo sick! I was nauseaus beyond belief and it played out from their. Needless to say I was down the rest of the day. I thought maybe it was that I hadn't used all organic produce or maybe I didn't rinse it well enough first. Oh No...it was the beans! I discovered this on Sunday. I was about ready to mush some into a paste for some bean burritos for my kiddlets when I had the thought that maybe I should look on the internet and see if I need to do anything else with these sprouted black beans first. I couldn't believe what I was reading!!! Kidney beans and black beans and some other large beans need to be cooked even though you sprout them because they can be toxic, lethal and cause major digestive upset. So needless to say, now I know. So if you decide to start sprouting get your info straight first. Here are a few sites on sprouting:
www.living-foods.com/article/sprouting.html
www.sproutpeople.com
So I gave you the downer of my weekend first, now here is the good stuff. I found a farmers market that is open all year long and I met some great people to help me on my quest. Now I can shop local and eat healthy. There is not going to be as much grocery store shopping for me. I will hang my hat (if I wore one :) at the Farmers Market. I also found a dairy goat farmer for my spouse and kidletts and a berry farm. woohoo!
I decided that this week I need to bumb up my workouts because my body is adjusting to my nutrition stuff and I am slowing slightly on my weightloss. I plan on doing my Bob Harper workout tapes this week instead of my usual treadmill routine. I will let you know how it goes. This morning was killer.
Here is to a healthy new week!
oops!!!!!! glad it wasn't any worse though!!!
ReplyDelete