Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Week 2 ...we are half way in

Week 1 was a success. I did very well. I walked on my treadmill everyday and I ate healthy. I read the book Animal, Vegetable Miracle by Barabara Kingsolver and absolutely LOVED it!!! I prayed about this but know that I need to do more on that end of it. All of my eating is coming along very well. I have been making sure to get a good variety of foods. My husband and i had a date on Friday and we dropped the kids off and then just came back home to cook our own meal together. It was so nice and the food was good and HEALTHY! Yay! Success!
So week 2 has started out good as well. I have been worried about this week because my hubby is off work and I knew we would be going and doing fun things so I feared everything would go out the window BUT it didn't I stuck to my guns. We went to Sea World on Monday and I had prepacked some fruits and nuts for a majority of the trip. When we did eat out I had salad with NO dressing. We walked around the park all day. The next day we went to the zoo. I was not able to plan as well because we really needed groceries and I was trying to wait till our travels were over. Needless to say I went hungry part of the time because the zoo offered virtually nothing healthy. My husband chose a Mexican Restaurant for lunch. I did not have the chips and salsa that loomed in front of me taunting and teasing me with its crisp crunch I could here all around me and its shiny glimmer from the oil it had been fried in. I kept telling myself, "that is dead food that has no nutritional value that will be good for your body and figure you are trying so hard to get back. " It did make me sad though to see my family partake but this all takes time. On our way home we stopped for groceries and can I just say our fridge and counters are exploding with health!! Today we went on a bike ride as a family and it was so fun! I truly got a workout on a bike with no gears pulling a bike trailer with two kiddos in it up hills!!!
So I want to look into sprouting and having my own herb garden. I want my food to be as fresh as possible. We went to a homemade cheese store yesterday as well where we were able to talk to the man who makes the cheese. What a delightful experience that was. Did you know that the cheese on your grocery store shelves only have to contain 50% actual cheese and the rest can be fillers and preservatives????? So that does it for me! I am sick of  not being in control of my food and what goes in my body!! With all I am learning the food industry is gonna kill us.I saw a billboard for Valera gas station it said something like, " come here for fresh products" EVERYTHING in the picture was in a package that could last for years and years I am sure!  Another billboard said HEALTH CAMP ....burgers and shakes! Are you kidding me? I think our definition of healthy needs to be redefined.
Well I have more I could say but I have more in life to get on to so I will excuse myself and check in later. Healthy Eating!

1 comment:

  1. You're going to be such a great health coach when you get there! I'm going to read your book recommendation. "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" (you wouldn't believe the books I now have - I need to go shopping for a big book shelf for my "client library")

    I understand your feelings about watching family eat junk. That's the hardest part - however, as we become "orthorexic" we have to not make unhealthy relationships by forcing our family to feel the same. My 13 yr old, however, won't eat meat after I showed her the "Meet your Meat" video clip on Youtube.

    I started some sprouts last night - several different kinds for experimentation. I'll keep you posted. I want to mash and dehydrate some for some crackers or "bread".

    ReplyDelete