Last week was a good week as far as eating and exercise. I ate very healthy and I did just like I said I would for the most part and I exercised to my Bob Harper videos 4 days last week and walked the other 3. Not a perfect effort but a good one nonetheless.
It was my husbands birthday on Sunday and we did so good. He made sugar free cinnamon rolls and sugar free cake and icecream. Everything was date sweetened only. It was really good. We have come a long way. We used to make exceptions for birthdays and holidays and would gain 10lbs over the course of a few days celebration. Then we would feel horrible and have to try with all our power to get back on board. It turned into a viscious cycle of it's own. It was interesting though how I still felt bloated and uncomfortable even though I only had 1 serving of each. I think the reasoning is because I have been eating about 50%-70% raw, whole foods.
I have been watching a bunch of food documentaries lately, such as Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead, Hungry For Change, Average Joe on the Raw, and Fresh. This has caused me to rethink what I put in my mouth and how I treat my body. I recently joined a movement called Cleanse America.com. It is a 10 day cleanse to detox the body. Even though it is not suppose to start till the 9th of April, my wonderful husband and I have started today. Yes, I am going to do this through Easter because I need to quit having the mindset that the holidays and birthdays are ALL about the food!!!! In the past, I would tell you it was not Thanksgiving or Easter without green bean casserole or deviled eggs or pumpkin and/or pecan pie. Well this is such a skewed perspective! Thanksgiving needs to return to be about gratitude and Easter needs to be about the Saviors ressurection and new life. So it is the perfect time of year to start this cleanse into a new life of health.
I will try to blog more during my cleanse so everyone can get an idea of how it works and all the ins and outs. My cleanse is a juice fast. I will only be drinking freshly squeezed juice from fruits and vegetables. Also to help me over come my food issues I will be making this a spiritual fast as well where I will be praying more than usual and trying to gain inspiration and insight into my weakness's and where I can improve.
For any of you who disagree with my choices please do not comment. It will not change my mind. I have listened to the outside world enough and it has just gotten me fat and unhealthy. Thank you.
I will keep you all posted on my progress. I have taken a before pic and measurments and weight. I can't wait to see my transformation.
By the way, I made a delicious juice this morning given to me by Paul Risse. It consists of Spinach and oranges. I couldn't believe how good it was! So go get your juice on!
can't wait to see and read all about how it changes your life!! good for you! good luck!!!!
ReplyDeleteAre you going to blog about each day and how it goes? I want to hear how yesterday went.
ReplyDeleteI've thought about starting early as well. I'm on Spring Break with family right now so we'll see how I do. :-) I believe I will blog as well.
Please keep us posted and maybe even copy/paste this blog into My Epistles?
Coach Connie
How is your juicer?! Does the spinach go through it well?
Love you girl!