As I have stated previously, I have tried almost every diet and lifestyle change under the sun. I have counted calories, I have eaten low carb, I have eaten high protein, I hate starved myself and countless other things. I have even tried some healthier plans along the way. My point is I am starting to believe that our bodies are all different and what works for one person may not work for another. I also believe that as I begin to learn how to listen to my body, I am starting to figure out what my body wants and needs.
Being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, we have a code of health that we live by. Most people focus on the points of it that talk about abstaining from alcohol,tobacco, coffee, tea and other drugs. It actually talks about nutrition too. Just like other scriptures, people can interpret different parts of it differently from the next person. In all my previous confusion on nutrition, I decided that I better stick closely to these words of wisdom when determining the path I would follow. I believe it supports a high fruit and vegetable diet with occasional and sparingly used meats and grains. This has been what is working for my body. Sadly I didn't follow this as well as I should of in the past. Partly because I haven't been a big fan of vegetables. Nor did I have the income to eat such a high fruit and veggie diet. This cleanse has reset my body. I like vegetables that I didn't before, like beets!
It is amazing how I can eat when I want to eat. I don't have to count calories. The only thing that I try and be careful about is limiting my nuts and seeds and avocados to 1x/day. I feel amazing and I can see the changes occurring in my body. So this is the lifestyle I am going to choose. Am I saying that occasionally I won't have a bowl of grapenuts or a steak? No way, but for the next four months, I am going to be strictly 100% in my raw efforts. This feels good. It feels right and I can't wait to continue to see the changes occur.
So yesterday I ate several pieces of fruit and juiced some greens. For dinner I made Russel James Tomato and Macadamia Linguine. It was wonderful! The linguine is sliced up carrots and parsnip with tomato and a macadamia and red pepper "cheese" sauce. We also had Paul Risse's apple crisp for dessert. It had apples, dates, cashews and pecans and was very very good. The boys have been gobbling up their food and loving it. Today I am going to make two of Paul's recipes for dinner, Nori Rolls and Stuffed Peppers. I'm sure it will be divine like everything else I have tried so far.
I think it is important to note that I don't feel deprived. My taste buds are changing and when I see the other processed food or we go out and I look at the menu, I think...that is what made me fat and unhealthy...I don't want that.
I hope you all have a healthy eating day and make wise choices. As I start to discover and make up my own recipes I will post them. If you are interested in Paul's recipe ebook or in Russel James recipes you can go to www.paulrisse.com and www.therawchef.com . These guys inspire me and I love their recipes. Also if you are interested in doing a cleanse you can check out www.cleanseamerica.com or go to www.rawfoodrehab.com and order Penni Shelton's book on Raw food cleansing. Penni is amazing as well and meeting her and Paul in person has showed me how much they truly care and believe in our health. Ok, I am starting to sound like an advertisement but this is what has helped me and several of you have asked me for information on this stuff...so there you go.
Here's to health.
I think the thing I love the most about this way of eating is like you, I can eat whatever, whenever and however much I want to and not worry about the calories or fat or if I'm getting enough vitamins...the list goes on. I love it!
ReplyDelete