I didn't post over the weekend because I was spending as much time with my hubby before he headed out. I made a lot of good recipes this weekend. I made a raw lasagna that had zucchini, spinach, tomatoes, walnuts, macadamias and a bunch of herbs and spices. It should have been fantastic BUT the miso paste that was in it was way too salty along with salting the zucchini and spinach to make it soft. I will be making this recipe again because it had GREAT flavor except for the salt. Hubby made a raw strawberry rhubarb pie which was very good. We also had a kelp salad. I had never had kelp noodles before. I expected a slimy sea taste, but was pleasantly surprised to find they are crunchy and don't have a taste at all. Last night though I made the MOST AMAZING thing.......Portobello "Steaks" with spinach salad. The flavor was outstanding! I decided to have this recipe because my husband wasn't home and he doesn't like mushrooms. I kind of wish I had made it when he was here though because maybe he would have tried it and liked it. So recipe wise things are going great. Somewhat time consuming but I have some time right now. I may simplify though and just eat the fruit or veggie as is most days, we will see.
OK so it is Monday and I said I would start working out today so I will. Now that my hubby is gone for 4 months this is my goal. I've been at a standstill on my weight and inches for about a week now. I think part of this is due to my lack of exercise. I also wonder if some of these high in nuts recipes are causing me some issues. It's just kinda frustrating though because there isn't much more I can take out of my diet!!! I'm down to fruits, vegetables and nuts and seeds. I try and limit the nuts, seeds and avocados to once or twice a day. The goal is to be one hot mama and drop at least half of the weight I have left to lose before he comes back in August. So we will see...how this goes. Hopefully my body will cooperate with my brain. And hopefully the kids will cooperate as well. Well I'll keep it short...I need to be moving.
No comments:
Post a Comment