Sunday, April 15, 2012

Starting a Great New Life

Saturday turned out to be a great day! Like I said previously, I am continuing my cleanse with some juice and some raw food to better fit into my budget for the remainder of the month. My husband and I went on a date to see a movie and go out to dinner. I was a little nervous about how this was going to workout with being raw. We went to Cheddars. Now normally, I would order spinach artichoke dip for an appetizer and then for my meal I would have the Monte Cristo Sandwich with fries. Then the hubby and I would share a big chocolate chip cookie freshly out of the oven with ice cream and hot chocolate on it. I know...I know...that is A LOT of food!!! Did it sound good??? It used to....to me! So I had the plan of going in and ordering a salad without the dressing. Well....they didn't even have a salad that didn't have tons of stuff on it that I couldn't have for this cleanse. So I did what I have never done before EVER...I made up my own salad and told the waitress that's what I wanted. She was so nice and easy to work with! I was glad it went that way this time....making it easy on me. It was one of the best salads I've had. We then went and got groceries while we were without the kiddos. The whole cart was full of fruit and vegetables. The cashier said, "Wow, I wish I could do that!" She asked us tons of questions. It felt so good!
Sunday has been a day of rest and recipes. Church was amazing as usual. Then for a snack for the boys I made Paul Risse's Apple boat Crunch. It has apples, pecans, coconut oil, dates, hemp seeds and goji berries. We all loved it! It tasted so good I felt guilty for eating it! Then for dinner I made Napa Tacos. They are completely raw. They use cabbage leaves for the "shell" and a sunflower mixture for the "meat" then guacamole, salsa and a cashew mixture for the "sour cream". Can I just say that I wouldn't call them tacos but they were FANTASTIC, AMAZING, FULL OF FLAVOR, MOUTH WATERING!!! I told my husband that I ate so good I was worried about gaining weight the food was so good! The boys even ate it and liked it! My husband is making living basil crackers in the dehydrator as we speak. So here is to a new week. A week for health, fitness and new recipes.
I've been thinking today about this AMAZING stuff I said you would see from me in 4 months and I am curious to know what all of you would find to be considered AMAZING as my accomplishments in 4 months? I look forward to hearing from you on the matter. Blessed day.

2 comments:

  1. we LOVE cheddars but only get it when we visit home
    I always order the spinach dip as my meal
    Jake always orders the monte cristo as his meal
    and actually the last time we were there I got that cookie for the first time lol!
    we're on the same page almost :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, It does sound like we are on the same page! :)

    ReplyDelete