So I juiced all day yesterday and it felt great! I have NEVER gotten this many vegetables into my diet before! I am NOT a veggie person at all.
BUT with the help of the fruit masking the yucky taste I am getting in spinach, kale, Brussels sprouts, collards, ect...ect...!I was a little hungry at times but other than that, day 1 was a success and day 2 seems to be going much the same way. I do think sometimes as I am making the kids food, "Man it would be nice to have a taste of that!" But then I remind myself that this isn't forever and that I need to see this through. I believe the further on I go on this juice fast I will need you more and more for accountability purposes.
I ordered some greens that I have never tried before from a local farmer so I will be adding in mustard greens, swiss chard, beet greens and turnips (all of which sound gross to me!) It feels so good to shop local and the farmers are giving me great deals because I am buying so much from them. Also they are a lot cheaper than shopping the organic markets. These local farmer friends of mine are organic and growing sustainably. I feel so good about this.
Let's talk about my juicer. I purchased the Omega 8600. It had great reviews. It does do a really good job, EXCEPT for on soft fruits like berries. It is fabulous on greens! The thing I LOVE the most about it is that it is easy to clean!!! Take note I do this immediately so it pretty much just needs rinsed out. If you let it set for hours...I make no guarantees.
I have a dehydrator too(Excalibur 9 tray) I love that it is square. I can fit so much on it that way. I love that it has different temperatures for different foods. I made the kids kiwi chips this week and they love them I am the only one who likes the kale chips though. I am attempting right now to make crackers for the kids. We will see how this goes. I must say I am so blessed that my kiddos are willing to try these things and make this life change with me. Hopefully they won't have the issues I have had since they are learning to eat healthy at such a young age.
Well nothing too dramatic or exciting yet. I will keep you posted. I hear at some point during this your suppose to have some horrible detox symptoms. Let's pray not! I am trying to think positive about this.
Ok enough for today. Hey, GO HAVE SOME JUICE!!!! (Freshly pressed of course)
I've been having fun running in to all the health food stores we come across. Today, we came to a fun little fresh market. I realized I'm now truly an "Earth Muffin". I BOUGHT dandelion greens! Can I just tell you how many years I've put the deadly spray on them in my yard?!
ReplyDeleteWe all grow up eventually. :-)
Yes, I have been wondering myself about those dandelion greens! You'll have to let me know what you think? What is an Earth Muffin?
ReplyDelete