Today is day 4. I do not feel as great today but I am not in bed feeling like death either! I think not having a bowel movement yesterday and having all those toxins released but not going anywhere could be part of the problem.(I know I know...more than you really want to know But hey this is science). So my head feels a little foggy and I have a tinge of a headache that can't decide if it wants to come or go. I don't have as much energy as I have had the past three days but I am still able to do school with the kiddos and function with what needs to get done today. I haven't exercised yet today and really have no desire to so we will see. I may take the day off from that. My body is kind of sore probably because I did A LOT yesterday. After I posted yesterday, I went for a bike ride with the kids that was very hilly! (I pull a bike trailer with two kids in it and I have no gears, so it is all me.) Then we went on a 2 mile walk as a family.
I need to go back to the store and get some other produce so I can make certain recipes. I told you how we got a bunch of stuff last night from a local farmer. Well using a whole turnip in a juice even with a lot of fruit is not a good idea!!!! Today for lunch I tried:
pineapple
cantaloupe
collards
wheat grass
mustard greens
At first taste it was good. The cantaloupe is the main flavor. I couldn't taste the pineapple at all. That was disappointing. Then after a few seconds the mustard greens kick in and BURN your throat. I started double fisting it between my juice and my water. My son thought I looked hilarious and said, "Why don't you just pour water into the juice. So I did and it was better!!! BUT after a while I just couldn't stomach it anymore. I felt that one more sip would cause me to hurl. SOOO because I couldn't waste this juice, I poured it into the blender with some blueberries, strawberries, more water and peanut butter and the kids ate it for lunch! Is that a good mom moment or what?!! They loved having smoothies for lunch and they had fruits, vegetables and protein. It is about 1.5 hours after I drank what I could and I still feel full. These are HUGE glasses of juice that I make.
I have come to the resolve that I need to find some exact recipes that I DO like and stick with those because this experimenting stuff is too risky!!!
This afternoon, I finally was able to use the bathroom and I am feeling a bit better. No constipation either.
So I am counting day 4 as a success. We will see what tomorrow brings!
Good for you. It's not gross, it is a sign that your body is doing what it is supposed to be doing...eliminating those toxins. just think how great you will feel once you pass that elimination phase.
ReplyDelete