I am on day 3 of this juicing fast and I must say....I FEEL AWESOME! I am so full of more energy than I almost know what to do with. I realized today the magic energy is not in pill form but in the liquid form of fruits and vegetables. I haven't felt that afternoon slump at all! Instead of not having the energy to workout I have been dancing around thinking up things I can do to burn off some of this energy. Today I did a hand stand because I was maybe in college the last time I attempted such a thing. My son thought I was crazy but we had fun together trying it out. The best part...I DID IT! Did I stay up very long? No..but I did it. Then I stepped up and down on my steps for over an hour while watching Biggest Loser. Then...I jumped on the trampoline with my children for half an hour. The best part is that I still have energy. Amazing!!! I am astonished. When Seth Hayhurst from Average Joe on the raw said he felt like he could fly, he was not kidding! So I am now a true believer that this is the way to go.
On another note, I did have some phlem build this morning in my throat (I knew you wanted to know that). So there is a juice called the De-Phleminator. It sounded gross and it was drinkable but not as good as most juices I have had. It had cucumbers, celery,watercress, lemon, ginger and Cayenne pepper in it. I didn't have any watercress (I'll look for it next time I am at the store) and I forgot the Cayenne pepper. Maybe it would have made a difference. Anyway, It DID get rid of the phlem! Another thing about juicing I am realizing is that even though I love lemons and I love cilantro, I do NOT like them juiced!
So I started reading today, The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan and let me tell you, it is good!!! I grew up in IL surrounded by corn fields and it is interesting to me how many of our foods have corn in them. He talks about them in his book. here is just a tidbit of info I found interesting. When u see the following ingredients on a food label really read the word corn. Here is the list:
modified or unmodified starch
glucose syrup
maltodextrin
crystalline fructose
ascorbic acid
lecithin
dextrose
lactic acid
lysine
maltose
HFCS(High Fructose Corn syrup)
polyols
carmel color
xanthan gum
HOW IS THAT FOR VARIETY IN A DIET? We are told to have a balanced diet but most everything has corn. Very interesting. I'm not trying to say that corn that has not been genetically modified is bad I'm just saying. I was surprised and taken back and thought you'd want to know too. P.s. Even our fruits and vegetables that have been waxed for freshness...it's CORN!
So I am learning tons and will continue to share as I learn and grow and hopefully transform right before you.
So here is to another balanced energy packed juice drinking day!
No comments:
Post a Comment