Friday, April 20, 2012

Getting better all the time!

Thursday was a much better day for me! I woke up and I had tons of energy.  I have heard several army wives say, "you take a day to mope and then you get on with what all needs to be done. So that is exactly what I did. Even though I'm sure all the emotions will hit me again when he really walks out the door and steps on the plane. The boys and I cruised through their school day and got our cleaning chores done. I made some amazing recipes yesterday. I have a tendency to eat more fruit then vegetables so I decided to make it a veggie day and so I made a tomato bisque soup. It was very good, BUT if you are expecting it to taste like Campbell's Tomato Soup it doesn't. It was really easy to make and that was nice because some of my recipes lately have been pretty in depth. Then for dinner I made a wilted kale salad with an avocado dressing. It was delicious. I think next time I will not put as much jalapeno though.
We had a hail and farewell to go to last night for hubby's unit. It was an eating event at a BBQ place. I ate before hand, knowing that I was not going to be eating the fare at the restaurant. I was glad I planned ahead for two reasons:
1: The BBQ smelled REALLY good! I told myself though, "Now self, you know that is covered in sugar! Not a good choice."
2. The only vegetable served was coleslaw which I think is gross anyway and I'm sure it is very unhealthy the way they make it.
The amazing thing is that yes it felt kind of funny to have people ask why I wasn't eating, BUT I was content and perfectly happy with the salad I had before I left and I didn't feel deprived at all. It amazes me how much I've changed. Something like this would have driven me crazy before and I would have definitely felt deprived and upset that I was missing out.
Now as far as the exercise....I haven't really started yet. I know I am horrible. I did a few the other day for like 5 -10 min but that really doesn't count. So seriously...I am starting that hard core MONDAY! Seriously! No Excuses!

2 comments:

  1. I started exercising last week. It is so hard trying to fit it in and my treadmill broke down and it's hot outside so taking a walk while pushing a stroller up hill us just doesn't sound fun! :)
    I think you need a new hobby! Something you can do to get you excited about your day and get your mind off being sad. You are going to be sad. I hate it when John is gone. But I try to find exciting things to do that help me focus in another direction. Like, painting my house :).
    I wish you lived closer to San Angelo. We could get together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping to workout at night after I get the kiddos to bed. We will see though, baby has been being a stinker about bedtime. I think making all these raw recipes is my new hobby. I wish I lived closer too. Then we could make raw recipes and swap and not have to be in the kitchen so much.

    ReplyDelete